Top Rhodes Holiday Destinations:
Afandou | Faliraki | Ixia | Kalathos | Kalithea | Kiotari | Kolymbia | Ladiko | Lardos | Lindos | Pefkos | Rhodes Town | Trianda |
Most Popular Guides:
Rhodes & Lindos Acropolis | Rodini Park | Seven Springs | Tsambika Monastery | Valley of Butterflies | Colossus | Beaches of Rhodes | Scuba Diving in Rhodes |
Weather in Rhodes | Walking in Rhodes | Cruise to Rhodes | Work in Faliraki | Workers Flights | Workers Insurance |
Faliraki Workers Guide | Flights to Rhodes | Hotels in Rhodes | Rhodes Car Hire | Rhodes Travel Insurance | Rhodes Newsletter | Travel Articles | Visitor Comments |
Rhodes Links | Greece Links | Travel Links
Find cheap holiday deals for Rhodes and Greece. Choose from a selection of top travel
agents and book your dream holiday online.
follow us on:
Travel Tips -
A lot of people choose to work abroad in Greece and Rhodes year after year. Most of these people go to the main resorts of Faliraki, but some choose the quieter life of the smaller traditional villages after coming on holiday and falling in love with the country (or a local)
This is a basic guide to working abroad in Rhodes.
• Always plan ahead and tell people your plans, don’t just disappear one day thinking
your off to work abroad and tell no-
• Plan how long you expect to stay in Rhodes and what you will do on your return to the UK. If your on a gap year then make sure you leave enough time to get back into university or college the neat year.
• Pick up backpackers or gap year travel insurance to keep yourself covered while your away. As a worker in Faliraki you wont earn a lot and having an accident could mean you easily go without food to cover the cost of something simple like an infection.
• Again take your EHIC card with you, but make sure this is not your only form of insurance.
• Book a short 1 week holiday with a local hotel in resort before you, this helps you find your feet and search for permanent accommodation for the season. It also allows you to find a job and not have to worry about finding both as soon as you arrive.
• Be prepared to put up with longer working hours and lower wages than that of the UK. Your doing this for the experience and not for the money.
• Pick jobs you know you can do, if your confident and can talk to a lot of different people consider becoming a PR or bar worker. If you have a skill like being a DJ, take your collection of music, and try out for bars that match your music taste and skills. There are so many different jobs to do in Faliraki so there is plenty for everyone.
• Join a discussion group about working abroad and find people with similar ideas.
• Know the local tax laws and what is needed. In a lot of bars you will need certain injections done in Rhodes Town, plus you will need to supply photographic forms of ID.
• We have a full list of what's needed to work in Rhodes here which also includes
jobs and cheap workers flights and rooms. A lot of people choose to work illegally
as most bar owners want to save paying IKA, but if you get caught you could spend
a night in jail and the bar owner will pay a very hefty fine.
HOLIDAYS 2 RHODES > TRAVEL ARTICLES > SHOPPING ABROAD >
|Rhodes holiday bargains|
|Rhodes & Lindos Acropolis|
|Tsambika Monastery and Beach|
|Valley of Butterflies|
|Walking in Rhodes|
|Beaches of Rhodes|
|Cruise to Rhodes|
|Weather in Rhodes|
|Faliraki Workers Guide|